Who we are
We are the World BioProtection Forum, a non-profit organisation registered in England & Wales, England & Wales, Company No. 12142685
Our registered office is at Room 009 Institute of Life Science 1 , Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK
We are a Data Controller in respect of our customers’ data.
Purpose for data collection and your consent
We collect, store and process personal data in order to provide services to our customers.
We may use your data for marketing purposes if you have previously given your consent for us to do so. If you do not want to receive marketing information from us, please let us know.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any automated decision making systems in the course of our business.
The Information we Collect
The range of information collected and processed can include:
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Postal Address
- IP Address
Any passwords we hold for you are stored in a non-reversible double MD5 encrypted format.
Information we collect is solely provided by you.
Sharing of Information
We generally do not share your data with any third party unless required by law.
However, in the course of providing you with our services, your data may be shared with the following organisations:
- Plum Design in Swansea, UK, provide us with information processing services and manage our website.
- Microsoft provide us with internal document storage and email services.
We do not permit your data to leave the European Economic Area and the above organisations have confirmed that your data will be kept and processed in accordance with our security policy and in accordance with GDPR requirements.
Unless required by law, we only hold data about you for as long as necessary to provide our services to you.
You have the following rights under this agreement and European Law:
- The Right to Object: you can object to us using your personal information. We will either agree or explain why we are unable to.
- The Right to Subject Access: subject to certain exemptions, you can ask us for a copy of all the personal information we hold about you.
- The Right of Rectification: you can ask us to correct or update any of your personal data to ensure its accuracy.
- The Right to be Forgotten: you can ask us to delete any of your personal information that we hold provided it is no longer needed for its original purpose or needed to comply with European law.
- The Right of Restriction: in certain circumstances you can ask us to restrict the use of your personal data.
- The Right to Data Portability: you can ask us for a copy of all the data you have provided to us, so that you can use it for your own purposes.
- The Right to Complain: if you feel that we have mishandled your information, please let us know. You do have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office – see www.ico.org.uk for more details
- The Right to Withdraw Your Consent: you can ask us at any time to stop using your information if we are using it based only on your consent.
If you want to exercise any of these rights then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Protection Officer Contact Details
If you have any queries about how we use your information then please contact email@example.com – please put “DPO Enquiry” in the subject line.