Conference booking terms &conditionsThis document sets out the booking terms and conditions for conferences (Terms) of the Biopesticide Summit Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales under number 11840760 whose registered office is at Room 10, ILS Building 1, Swansea University, Singleton Park, Swansea, Wales, SA2 8PP(Biopesticide/we). The World BioProtection Forum is a non-profit organisation hosting the Annual World BioProtection Summit and Awards on 23-24, NEC, Birmingham, UK (WBF/organiser)
- These are the Terms on which we provide this conference to you. Please read these Terms carefully before you register to attend the conference. These Terms tell you how we will provide the conference, how we or you may change or cancel your booking, and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms, please contact us to discuss
- No variation to these Terms shall be binding unless agreed in writing by us.
- We reserve the right to alter any of the arrangements, timetables, plans or other items relating to the conference which we consider necessary, including to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or otherwise.
- Booking online and paying the registration fee forms a binding contract that is subject to these Terms. By paying online you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you must not make a purchase.
- When making a booking, you must check that the details of the reservation are complete and accurate, before you confirm your Booking. We will not be liable for any delay or non-performance if you provide us with incorrect or incomplete information. By making a Booking you warrant that you are legally capable of entering into a Contract for a Booking with us.
- You will receive email confirmation of your registration for the conference. If you do not receive confirmation of your registration after submitting payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting payment information, it is your responsibility to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether or not your registration is complete. We will not be responsible for any costs or losses you incur if you assume that your registration was or was not complete because you failed to receive registration confirmation.
- All registrations are subject to payment verification and your order may be cancelled if payment is not received in full.
- We reserve the right at our sole discretion to refuse to accept a Booking. In such circumstances we will advise you by email as soon as reasonably possible and refund any sum paid by you in full.
- Where it is necessary for reasons beyond our control to alter the program, speakers, or timings of the events of the conference as advertised, The Biopesticide Summit Ltd will not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused as a result of such alteration.
- You acknowledge and agree that you will be liable for any damage caused by you and/or your delegatesto the conference venue or property
- The Biopesticide Summit Ltd will not accept liability for transport disruption, or theft or damage to your belongings whilst attending the conference. You are advised to take out personal travel insurance to cover these matters.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude:
- All conditions, warranties and other terms (express or implied) which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- Liability for any direct, indirect and/or consequential loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, incurred by any person in connection with any Contract or the use of the venue for the conference or facilities, including, without limitation, liability for: to the maxim extent permitted under law our liability in respect of the Booking shall be the amount paid in respect of such Booking.
- Nothing in these terms affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, for breach of the term implied by s2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or for defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- Cancellations must be notified to us by e-mail to email@example.com
- Where you cancel your registration after 1 April 2022 or fail to attend the conference, there is no refund for a cancellation and/or non-attendance and 100% of the applicable charges remain payable in full.
- Where you cancel your registration before 1 April, you will get a 50% refund, less a £75 administration fee.
- It is recommended that you obtain personal travel insurance to insure against any loss incurred because you have to cancel your registration.
5.Transfer of registration
- You can transfer your registration to another person by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Where you transfer your registration to another person, the transferee will be bound by the Terms in place of you
- There will be no administration fee for transfers before1 April 2022.
- After 1 April 2022 transfer of registration will incur a £75 +VAT administration fee.
1.How we may use your personal information
- In registering for this conference, your name and country of residence will be incorporated into a delegate list for the benefit of all delegates, and also may be made available (if necessary) to parties
- Where you consent when booking the conference, we and selected third parties may contact you directly concerning the conference, including venues, accommodation providers, sponsors, key suppliers, and future conferences.
- If any part of these Terms is found by a court, tribunal or other administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable or invalid for any reason, that provision is to be severed from the Terms and the remaining provisions of the Terms will otherwise remain in full force.
- The Contract is not enforceable by any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- The Contract constitutes the entire agreement between the parties in relation to its subject matter. No other terms apply.
- The Contract will be governed by the law of England and Wales. Disputes will be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.